Self-installation in 7 easy steps
The entire installation of the pool or spa is done in a single day, thus minimizing the damage that may be caused to the land by the movement of the various machinery. Fibco products can be installed on all types of floors, thus saving you a lot of headaches. Our "Plug and Play" concept ensures ease of installation throughout the process. In either case, the steps leading to the realization of this project remain the same.
The daily installation of a Fibco pool or spa can be broken down into 7 brief steps.
Before you even start, make sure you have a level with legs, crushed stone of 0.5 inch net size, the MIRAFI-type geotextile membrane provided by Fibco Pools and the 10-inch diameter dewatering well. , also provided by our team.
The connection of the pipes
- Starting by making a first connection of the pipes gives the glue a chance to dry in preparation for the installation of the basin.
- Planning the location of the filtration system gives you the advantage of cutting and gluing the piping for optimal strength.
- When you have determined the location of the filtration system, dig a trench to bury the piping, once the connection is complete.
- It is important that the basin excavation exceeds its size by 6 inches.
- For rectangular models with a flat bottom, it is possible to excavate without a template before delivery of the basin.
- Depending on the type of soil on which the installation will be made, the depth of the excavation must exceed the depth of the basin by 6 to 10 inches. We are talking about 10 inches in the case of clay soil and 6 inches for sandy or rocky soil.
- To facilitate the process, plan to excavate the location of the skimmer and the dewatering well higher than the basin.
- Important: When the basin is installed, its final level must exceed the adjacent terrain by 6 inches.
Preparing the stone bed
- Once the excavation is complete, lay the geotextile membrane (supplied by FIBCO) at the bottom of the hole.
- Cover the membrane with a bed of crushed stone. The stone should be 0.5 inch net. The thickness of the stone bed will be between 6 to 10 inches and is to be determined even before the excavation.
- Make sure the stone bed is even and level, using the footed (transit) level.
Setting up the pool
- Take care not to damage the piping and the skimmer when lowering the pool.
- Once the basin is in position, check if it is well supported on the bed of crushed stone.
- Use the leg level (transit) to ensure the height and level of the basin.
- After checking, start filling the pool with water.
The piping connection
- In one simple step, connect the piping to the filtration system, suction pipe and push pipe.
- No adjustment is required. All of the pool piping has been carried out and tested beforehand in the factory.
Installation of the dewatering well/manhole well
- Use the 10 inch diameter perforated drain supplied by Fibco.
- Define the location of the dewatering well, close to the light. Note that it should be placed around the deepest part of the basin, between the latter and the excavation.
- The depth of the well must always exceed the depth of the pond by 10 inches.
- Before starting the backfilling stage, make sure that the basin is already filled with a few inches of water.
- Fill the space between the wall of the basin and that of the excavation with crushed stone 0.5 inch net, taking care not to use any sand. By compacting, it could destabilize the sidewalk.